Atwater Kent Model 7 4066
Pictures of a nice Model 7 4066 with the original instruction manual.
Contributed by James Riendeau of Mahopac, NY. Thanks Jim!
The Model 7 4066 was introduced on January 24th, 1923, as an evolutionary improvement of the Model 6 4052.
Information excerpted from the AWA Review, Volume 12, by Ralph Williams, published by the Antique Wireless Association in 1999, and other sources.
The Model 7 benefited from a second RF amplifier stage, thus making it the first Atwater Kent radio to use five tubes. The improved performance enabled the Model 7 to receive stations up to 100 miles away. Of course, as with all radios at the time, this required a very large antenna, on the order of 100 to 125 feet in length.